I’ve been spending a lot of time lately adding tags and descriptions to clip art images, which helps visitors find what they are looking for. From the almost 15,000 I’ve done 3000 over about a six weeks. It seems to be a very long, and slow process yet I believe it significantly adds to the quality since pictures can be found. I’ve also added around 300 pictures. The most recent ones are for Barack Obama, Hillary and McCain, some insurance related cliparts (life insurance, car insurance, home insurance), also some splashes for bargains, price cuts and price reductions.
Posts Tagged ‘cleanup’
More cleanup since yesterday. I found that some SVGs have bogus linked images, which makes inkscape show a big red cross saying “linked image not found”. I added a pre-filtering stage before the thumbnails are created in which the SVG is cleaned up. In that process, bogus image insertions are deleted, and non-ASCII characters are replaced by spaces. This is another issue that appeared with non us-english files. I found that there are characters over 127, but the XML file is assumed to be ascii, which again makes inkscape and other programs I’m using throw errors.
I ran the thumbnail regeneration script and lots of images are getting cleaned up. There are still some problems with ODG export, and little by little I’ll get all of the problems taken care of.