Create a rotating animated cursor from an image
This article provides information on the following topics:
Tryout or Professional Edition
We recommend to learn more aboutcursors before following this tutorial
In this tutorial, we'll see how to make a rotating animated cursor from a static image. First we'll create a filmstrip containing the rotating animation, then we'll create the animated cursor from this filmstrip:
Other methods are available to create animated cursors from existing documents. See the following topics:
Opening the static image in Axialis CursorWorkshop
browse your folders and select your image file (Windows® standard dialog box).
A built-in Axialis File Browser window opens. Browse your disks, see
the thumbnail preview and double-click the image file you wish to open.
In the Recently
Used zone (in the main toolbar), type the full
pathname of the image file you wish to open then hit Enter.
file opens in a document window.
much more convenient to create cursors. The following image formats can
3. If your image is opaque, you can create transparent areas. Using the following tutorial, you can easily transform the white background to transparency: Add Transparency to an Opaque Image.
Creating the rotating animated filmstrip
4. Choose Image/Create a Rotating Filmstrip. A dialog box opens:
9. Click OK, a new document is created containing the filmstrip:
Creating the animated cursor from the filmstrip
box New Animated Cursor From Image opens
read more about the cursor specifications see What
click OK. The cursor is automatically
Setting the hot spot
is a Cursor for more info).
3. Select Draw/Set Cursor Hot Spot or press K. Click to the location of the hot spot..
4. The new location flashes for a short moment. The new hot spot location is now defined.
Send us feedback about the site.
Microsoft, Windows, Windows XP, Windows Vista are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation
Adobe, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe System Incorporated
Apple, AppStore, Ipod, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc
Log in to add comments
Related clip arts and images